500 grams minced pork (1 pound)
½ tsp pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
½ tsp chili flakes
2 tsp paprika
2 tsp salt
10 fennel seeds
½ tsp basil
½ tsp merian
½ tsp oregano
½ tsp thyme
5 cloves garlic
400 grams chicken breast (14 oz)
75 g tomato puree concentrate (2,5 oz)
1 chicken bullion cube dissolved in 1 liter boiled water
200 g pearl barley (7 oz)
- Mix the pork and all the seasoning with your hands. Cover in cling-film and refrigerate for as long as possible – overnight if possible.
- Now 1 hour before you are hungry you should dice up the onion and garlic and the chicken breast.
- Fry the onion and garlic and after 3 minutes add the pork.
- After 4 minutes you add the chicken.
- Let this cook until the chicken is barely done and then add the tomato and bullion water.
- Add the barley and put on a lid. Let it simmer, stirring occasional for about 45 minutes or until the barley is done. Be aware it could run out of water, then add a little more chicken broth or water.
It is important to emphasize that this dish needs a little adjusting along the way – it is a little dense. Maybe I will add some more vegetables next time. Well, I will definitely add vegetables! But for now, this recipe has 150 calories pr 100 grams. That is not all bad with the barley and all.
For dinner, I had 350 grams and I was a little too full so I will have 300 grams next time!