We are staying in the cheapest end of quiches. This is the winner in the budget friendly quiche category with only 20,- (Equal to 3 dollars) for a 4 person quiche. That is not a lot and you can thank the Spanish people for this. It is simply a Spanish Tortilla in a crust.
But at the same time this might be my favorite quiche. So simple and yet so delicious. Yum, yum, yum!
Here you have a PDF to print of the recipe!
Ingredients for a 18*13*5 cm (7*5*2) ovenproof dish:
4 onions (If you are not such a fan of onions use 2 onions and 7 potatoes)
1,25 dl milk (½ cup)
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
- Prepare a dough for the crust!
- Peel and dice onion
- Peel and cube potato into small bites
- In a pan with a little oil you fry the potatoes for a good 5 minutes
- Then add the onions and fry for another 5 minutes
- Let the onions and potatoes cool a little while you whisk the milk, egg, salt and pepper together in a bowl.
- In the dish lined with crust or parchment paper you add the potatoes and onions and then pour over the egg mixture.
- Bake for 40 minutes 200°C/400°F.
This will serve 4 people for lunch with salad or 2 people for dinner.